Fostering a pet saves two lives, the one you take into foster and the one that takes its place in the shelter. Some just need a little extra care to heal and adjust. Some are too young and need time to grow and learn. Some do not do well in the shelter environment and need to be in foster until they are adopted.
BAC provides all medical care for foster pets. We also provide all supplies such as food, litter, beds, crates, etc. as long as we have those items in stock.
Types of Fosters
- Short Term Fosters – Kittens, Puppies, and Moms with Litters.
- Medical Fosters – Pets recovering from illness or injury.
- Foster to FurEver – Foster parents take in an adoptable pet and help to find their furever home. These pets stay in foster care until they are adopted.
- Rover Nights – Take a dog home for the night. Reducing stress that comes along with being in a crowded loud shelter 24/7.
- Doggie Dates – Take a dog for a daytime outing. Get them into the public eye and help the with getting to know people. This is a great way to help a dog burn off some energy and provide some much needed one on one time.