Volunteers are the pillars of Berkeley Animal Center. We welcome volunteers to come work alongside our staff with walking dogs, spending time in the cat room, caring for young kittens in the intake kitten room, assisting at offsite events at our adoption partners locations, transporting animals, and much more.
- Daily kennel and cage cleaning tasks
- Dishes and laundry
- Walking dogs and taking them to the play yard
- Socializing cats in our free roaming cat room
- Helping potential adopters with meeting the animals.
- Handling dogs at the events and showing them to the public.
- Cleaning and caring for the cats at the local PetSmart.
- Doggie Dates and Rover Nights are programs where you can take a dog out for the day or overnight from Saturday night till Tues Morning.
- Transporting animals to offsite vet appointments
- Transport to meet with pulling rescue groups
To learn more about becoming a volunteer please stop by the shelter